Quick Start Guide
- Download the EquineTrac mobile app from the IOS store on your IOS mobile device. We recommend keeping your Apple software up to date with the latest version as well as enabling auto-updates for the EquineTrac mobile app.
- Create your EquineTrac account.
- Once your account has been created, open the mobile app.
- Select your service plan and payment preference. You will receive a confirmation email that your subscription is active.
- Log into your account via the EquineTrac mobile app.
- You can now pair your mobile app with your sensor within the mobile app. Bluetooth must be on on your mobile device and the EquineTrac sensor must be powered on. (See B. 1 below in the hardware section)
- Set up a horse. You configure multiple horses within the app to keep track of ride data for multiple horses. Ride analytics will be tracked based on the horse you have selected during that ride.
- Input your alert contacts name and mobile number. Select desired alert notifications for each contact. These can be edited within the mobile app.
- You are now ready to start a ride.
- Sensors, alert contacts, horses, and account information can all be managed within the app by clicking the settings icon in the top right corner of the ride screen.
- The ride must be stopped or paused to disable the fall alert feature. In the event of a fall alert, you must bring your phone back within the safe zone of the EquineTrac Sensor to disable the fall alert. A text alert will be sent to your emergency contact when the fall alert has been dismissed.
- Text alerts with your location will be sent to your emergency contact(s) based on your selected alert preferences.
- Power on your EquineTrac Sensor by holding down the round button on the sensor for 2 seconds until the unit beeps, the blue light around the power button will flash 14 times. Once the EquineTrac sensor is powered, do not turn it off. The battery will last for 12 months before needing to be replaced.
- Insert the EquineTrac Sensor into the provided silicon protective case and attach the included spring clip to the sensor. The sensor is water resistant but not waterproof so try not to go swimming with it on your horse.
- Turn on your BlueTooth on your phone. Bluetooth must be enabled for falls to be detected. EquineTrac sensor will be paired with your EquineTrac account within the mobile app and not in your Bluetooth devices dropdown menu.
- Open the EquineTrac app and pair the EquineTrac sensor with your account when prompted or click on the Bluetooth icon to pair and manage your sensor. You can also name the sensor. The sensor name will show up in the text alerts to your emergency contact.
- Attach the EquineTrac Sensor to your saddle preferably on the same side of the horse that your phone will be on your body. We do not recommend that you ride with your phone on the opposite side of your body where the sensor is mounted on. This could result in a false fall alert.
- You are now ready to start a ride.
- Change the battery every 12 months. Batteries are a 2032 watch battery and can be purchased on Amazon or at your local grocery/hardware stores.
- Changing the battery: Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. The unit will beep and the blue light will flash 8 times. You can now remove the cover of the sensor at the slot at the opposite corner from the power button and replace the battery.
- The sensor should be mounted within 3 feet or less from your phone during the ride to prevent false fall alerts.
- Place your phone in a secure location on your body within 30 seconds of starting a ride to reduce possible false fall alerts. This allows the system to calibrate to your riding style and set up.
- Place your phone in a secure location on the same side of your body that the sensor is mounted on the horse to reduce the risk of false fall alerts.
- Make sure your contacts are selected with the proper alerts. If the bell in the bottom right corner of the main ride screen has a red line through it, this indicates that no contacts are set to receive alerts. Click on the bell and select the contacts you wish to receive alerts.
You can find a list of frequently asked question in the FAQ page in the top menu bar. '